This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

v10.1 Active Directory Integration problem

FormerMember
FormerMember

Here's a problem that one of you IIS experts might be able to help with.  If I enable integrated Window Authentication in IIS, I can use the new AD integration feature in NPM for computers already in that domain.  The problem I have is for computers connecting to NPM outside of that domain.  I get a windows authentication pop-up before I even get to the NPM log in page.  The only way to not have that happen is to disable windows authentication in IIS, which then breaks AD integration.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!  -Scott

• SW - what is the right way to implement mixed authentication????

If you disable the "windows authentication", that fixes the popup, and if you put domain\acct in the web page - it does allow the integration to work, just not seemlessly. 

If I disable windows auth, it is re-enabled during upgrades and the IIS manager complains that you can't have forms and windows authentication enabled.

I have mixed authentication as not everyone is on the domain we are authenticating against...

I'd love to hear the best way to implement this correctly

• Interested to see feedback, but I know if you just hit escape on that popup dialog you can then login to Orion no problem

• yeah, my clients don't want to hit escape, they want to click and go....  So I am very interested as well..

• You can disable automatic login and that popup will go away, but then all users will have to put in their credentials.  I do not know of a way to have it both ways.