This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NTA Utilization Alert with Top Talkers

FormerMember
FormerMember

How about just a link for those of us that aren't allowed to run code inside the mail client?

• Is it javascript that is causing the problem?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to wrodenbusch

That's my guess but ActiveX, etc.. would also cause an issue.  We don't even allow downloading of pictures by default.  We're a Health Insurer.

I'm trying to get it to just send me a link but haven't had any luck yet.

• Try using the "Send an E-Mail / Page" action and include the following in the message:

Interface ${NetObjectName} on ${NodeName} received at ${Interface.InPercentUtil}% of its utilization, which triggered this alert. ${SQL:SELECT Macro FROM NetFlowAlertMacros WHERE ID='InInterfaceDetailsLink'}

Hope that works for you.

• FormerMember

Link didn't make it into the message body.

Nevermind, don't think netflow was on that interface..

• Or...

Interface ${NetObjectName} on ${NodeName} received at ${Interface.InPercentUtil}% of its utilization, which triggered this alert. ${SQL:SELECT REPLACE(REPLACE(Macro, '$$Password$$', ''),'$$User$$', 'Admin') FROM NetFlowAlertMacros WHERE ID='OutWebMailInterfaceDetailsLink'}

...but then it will email your password

• FormerMember

Or...

Interface ${NetObjectName} on ${NodeName} received at ${Interface.InPercentUtil}% of its utilization, which triggered this alert. ${SQL:SELECT REPLACE(REPLACE(Macro, '$Password$', ''),'$User$', 'Admin') FROM NetFlowAlertMacros WHERE ID='OutWebMailInterfaceDetailsLink'}

...but then it will email your password

Good enough for now.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Quick related question.  Is there one of these handy statements that will give me a link to just the node?

• Hi All,

I know that this is an old post, but I have a question about the solution here. I tried this out and I get the email with the URL. However, when I follow the link it takes me to a page with a 404 error as seen here:

orion.JPG

Does anyone know why this is? Here is the URL that got generated (hostname was correct, but I changed it):

http://MyHostName:80/Orion/TrafficAnalysis/Utils/AlertRedirect.aspx?InterfaceID=4&UtcTime=2013-03-18T16:03:40.880&Direction=Egress&WebByMail=true&Utilization=7&AccountID=Admin&Password=&AccountID2=Admin&Password2=&NetFlowEnabled=true

Any help would be great!