This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM web console: How to add nodes

I'd like to be able to add nodes via the web console, but it appears the only way is to be logged in to the server and run the NCM app. Is it possible to add nodes in the web console?

• Yes, you can go to Settings/Node Management.

• I must be missing something. I don't even see Settings anywhere in the NCM web console. ??

• I think there are a couple things that you need to do:

1) As docwhite mentioned, you would be adding the node in the NPM Settings/Node Management screen to get the device managed by NPM.

2) On the NCM server, you need to schedule a job to import nodes from the NPM database nightly.  This will ensure that any devices you are currently managing are synchronized between NPM and NCM.  I treat the NPM database as the authoritative list of managed devices in my network. 

Here is a blog post about the NPM/NCM integration:

** Only caveat that I would mention: I haven't gotten the reverse to work.  If I remove a node from NPM, it doesn't sync the removal from NCM.  I have to manually remove it from NCM.

Chris.

• Thanks for the posts. I've read a little about NPM/NCM integration, but have been putting it off. I'll read this blog and maybe go ahead and set it up.

Just realized that the title of my post says "notes" and it should be "nodes".

Thanks again