8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2008 9:52 AM by MarkWiggans RSS

Map Maker error

I tried running Map Maker this afternoon and got the following error.

Run Time Error 429

ActiveX component can't create object.

Has anyone seen this before.  I tried rebooting the server to see if that would help.  It didn't.

The only changes that have been made to this system was upgrading th Engineers toolset last to 9.2 SP2.

Other than that it is a pretty vanilla server not much in the way of customization.

Windows 2003

4 gig ram

Orion SLX 8.5.1 SP3.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Re: Map Maker error
    MarkWiggans

Tom-

try going to Add/Remove programs -> Toolset -> Change/Remove-> and select Repair

you should attempt this first

You will need to re-register the following .dll to fix the 429 runtime error

regsvr32 "c:\program files\solarwinds\common\swdiscoveryServices8.dll"

Just copy the above command - (copy, paste, ok) - into the run window on the server (start > run).

I did the repair first since I apparently got that message before the change you made.  The repair did not work.

I then tried the reg edit.  That did not work either.

Anything else I can do?

MarkWiggans

My final suggestion would be to re-install toolset version 8 and then uninstall again. When it asks you do you want to remove unused files, click no. Once the uninstall is completed see if this error still exists. You might need to run the version 9 installer once more.

Tried running this.  First there is no SWDiscoveryServices8.dll there was only one with a 9.  I tried running that to no no effect.

I went back and uninstalled 9.2.  Reinstalled 9.0

Same problem.

Do I need to go all the way back to 8 to fix this problem?

Network_Guru

The only changes that have been made to this system was upgrading th Engineers toolset last to 9.2 SP2.
    Other than that it is a pretty vanilla server not much in the way of customization.

Windows 2003
    4 gig ram
    Orion SLX 8.5.1 SP3.

Am I missing something?
    I just installed SP1 for SW Engineers Toolset V9.2 today. Is there already an SP2 out?
    I'm having a different problem and was hoping SP1 might fix it.

MarkWiggans

Am I missing something?

I just installed SP1 for SW Engineers Toolset V9.2 today. Is there already an SP2 out?
      I'm having a different problem and was hoping SP1 might fix it.

No- SP1 just came out 2/29 -  I believe that is just a typo...