This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Add multiple techs to 1 ticket

Is there a way to add more than 1 tech to a single ticket? I'm not seeing it anywhere.

• And you won't see it either.  Theres no way to assign more than one tech to the same ticket although I think they've said its under consideration for a future version.  Since they're version releases (I don't consider them new versions but builds) can be up to 18 months apart you'll need some patience.  They will tell you that they're solution for this is to create parent\child tickets.

• That is correct here was the feature request for that that was closed.

Techs can log time on the same ticket by adding a note and then adding work time to that note but I know its not quite the same thing.

• I went a different direction and use an approval process when I need multiple techs to work on the same ticket.

• I will have to try the parent/child ticket workaround until a new version with it can be released

• We went the route of using the parent / child tickets for the requests that involve multiple teams.  Our old system allowed multiple assignments to a single ticket and the team was disappointed that feature went away.  But they have grown to like parent / child as each tech can complete their work and not get penalized for the overall ticket being late.

• How is that this request hasn't been addressed. This exact topic has been created at least 4 times spanning 7 years. I also want to point out that some requests are so old that the requester has left. So how about Solarwinds addresses this request?