A few minutes ago I accidentally deleted my backbone switch (and all the interfaces of course). Since undeleting a node or interface is not possible (Except restoring SQL backup) I have lost all the interface statistics and node statistics (CPU, Memory, Availability). And it was not the first time. This is a common issue for all. If NPM can remember a node or interface for a specific period of time that would be great.
Also the most needed features in NPM are below (IMHO)
- Granular node management rights
- Multiple IP Polling support for a single node
- Orion Next Generation User Interface
- Undeleting a node/interface should be possible
- Custom property support for groups
Please vote those ideas as well if you think you need them.