SolarWinds is pleased to announce that latest and greatest version of IP Address Manager (IPAM) 4.1 has been recently released.
This new version primarily focuses on monitoring and management of high-performance DHCP service from ISC via IPAM web-console. 4.1 namely brings following new features:
- A new re-designed DHCP management UI that helps to manage multiple methods of organizing IPs across Windows, CISCO and ISC DHCP vendors
- Management of ISC DHCP subnet options, ranges and pools (New to ISC)
- Monitoring of ISC shared network containers and their subnet utilization
- Monitoring of ISC DHCP IP address static assignments within groups
But that's not all. We were listening to you, our users who requested support for more complicated configuration scenarios on DHCP servers. This advanced scenarios typically requiring setup for specific DHCP Options. IPAM v4.1 can namely do following:
- Monitor and manage over 180 (RFC 2132) DHCP options on Cisco, Microsoft and ISC DHCP servers
- New UI for DHCP options management with data type validator and text translation of numeric value of each option (you don't have look into RFC)
- Automatic detection of supported/unsupported options per DHCP vendor
- Both-way sync between IPAM and DHCP server.
For example, you may use options 66 & 67 in order to setup TFTP and VoIP config file name for your VoIP infrastructure running on DHCP server.
You may find additional information about fixed bugs and related details in IPAM V4.1 Release Notes
If you are interested in how the UI looks look like, here is a small summary:
1) ISC DHCP monitoring with shared subnets container
2) Create/Edit ISC DHCP Subnet - add pools, ranges or setup DHCP options
3) DHCP options settings is the same for all vendors supported in IPAM
IPAM 4.1 is available on your customer portal for a download and upgrade on production servers.